At Hospital Galenia Cancún we work for the respect of human life
Therefore, as part of our mission we seek to satisfy the needs of our patients based always on ethics, quality and the most advanced technology.
For Hospital Galenia, the most important thing is the safety and satisfaction of our patients. For this reason, we ask you to carry out the following process on the day of your hospitalization:
- On the day of your surgery, please go to the Admissions Department one hour before the scheduled time for your procedure, in order to pre-register for admission to the hospital.
- Your treating doctor is in charge of reserving the operating room, and agreeing with each patient the time of surgery.
- It is important that each patient and responsible family member present an official identification and sign the Admission documents, granting the Galenia Hospital informed consent for the patient's care.
- Durante su registro, es importante presentar todos los estudios o exámenes realizados para su cirugía o procedimiento.
- Upon entering the Galenia Hospital, it is necessary to leave a guarantee deposit of $10,000.00 pesos for hospitalizations or in case of surgery, a guarantee of $ 35,000.00 pesos. Some special treatments such as Intensive Therapy or Neurology Surgeries require special guarantees.
- In case the patient has purchased one of the maternity packages or any other surgery, it is necessary to make the full payment of the package in advance before hospitalization. This only in case you do not have medical insurance.
If a patient is admitted for emergencies, we ask you to cover with the following requirements in case of having a medical expenses insurance:
- Present your identification credential issued by the insurance company.
- An official identification with photograph
- Provide all the information requested by the Emergency Physician
- Leave a deposit in guarantee.
- The Galenia Hospital will proceed to report by telephone to the insurance company the income of the insured or beneficiary and wait for a period of at least 24 hours, the response of the same, which will be released through a Letter Authorization or Rejection .
- It is important that the insured or beneficiary is aware of the response of the company, so in the case of not obtaining it within the period stipulated above, it is suggested that the insured or beneficiary call their Personal Service Advisor directly to the telephone number indicated in your policy.
Galenia Hospital is committed to apply our knowledge taking into account your values and preferences, providing clear, complete and accurate information about your health situation, for this reason we extend the following recommendations and policies:
- Your Treating Physician is the only person authorized to provide the patient or family member with information about their health status.
- While the patient is in the operating room, it is suggested that family members remain in the room (if assigned). Your treating doctor will provide you with the expected information.
- To avoid disagreements with other patients, the introduction of alcoholic beverages or celebrations inside hospital rooms is not allowed.
- Each room has a large sofa, so that one (1) relative of the patient can spend the night.
Hospital Galenia watches over the health and safety of our patients, for which family and friends are asked to follow the following instructions:
- Visits: a maximum of three people can stay in the patient's room at the same time.
- Overnight: only one (1) family member or friend can spend the night with the patient in their room.
- Noise: In order not to disturb the tranquility of the other patients, visitors are requested to avoid making noise in rooms and / or corridors.