We take care of you!
What is Pediatrics?
Pediatrics is the medical specialty that studies both children and their diseases. Pediatrics encompasses the care of patients from birth through adolescence, dividing them into the following periods:
- Newborn (first four weeks)
- Infancy (1-24 months of age)
- Preschool years (ages 1-6)
- Middle childhood years (ages 6-12)
- Adolescence (ages 12-18)
What conditions can an Pediatrician treat?
Acute otitis media
Fifth Disease (Erythema Infectiosum)
Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Prevention saves lives!
The principal motives to see a pediatrician include the baby:
- Crying more than usual, weakly, or in an oddly acute manner.
- Being particularly inactive or hard to wake up.
- Losing appetite or interest in breastfeeding.
- Vomiting excessively.
- Having difficulty breathing or being fatigued.
- Being under 3 months and having a fever over 38ºC.
- Having diarrhea, or evacuating small, hard, or dry stool or with a little blood or mucus. /li>